As a college librarian, I often hear stressed-out students searching for primary sources say, "I'll take anything." Don't settle for just anything. There is a treasury of primary source material available electronically. Peruse my selection of 200-plus primary source sites by conducting a keyword search, exploring the tag cloud at left, or browsing by historical era. You can also visit my Delicious and Diigo sites to review my bookmarks. Here's hoping you find what you're looking for.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

The History of the World Cup in Words and Images

This lovely afternoon, my soccer-loving family will be planted in front of the television, watching the USA vs. England in World Cup action. In honor of that international sporting spectacular, I spent my morning hunting for information about the tournament’s history. The FIFA (the Fédération Internationale de Football Association) website provides a wealth of historical information and images about past World Cups, dating back to the 1930 tournament in Uruguay. Go USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment