As a college librarian, I often hear stressed-out students searching for primary sources say, "I'll take anything." Don't settle for just anything. There is a treasury of primary source material available electronically. Peruse my selection of 200-plus primary source sites by conducting a keyword search, exploring the tag cloud at left, or browsing by historical era. You can also visit my Delicious and Diigo sites to review my bookmarks. Here's hoping you find what you're looking for.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving


I have a bit of time before the turkey goes in the oven - ample opportunity to relect on what I'm most thankful for - a wonderful family, dear friends, good health, a job I love, and a welcoming home to return to at the end of the day. If you want to read the Pilgrim's first-hand accounts of  how and to what they have thanks, Plymouth Massachusetts' Pilgrim Hall Museum can provide them to you.

The image above is J.L.G. Ferris's early 20th century work, "First Thanksgiving". It comes from the Library of Congress's American Memory Project.

A wonderful holiday to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment