As a college librarian, I often hear stressed-out students searching for primary sources say, "I'll take anything." Don't settle for just anything. There is a treasury of primary source material available electronically. Peruse my selection of 200-plus primary source sites by conducting a keyword search, exploring the tag cloud at left, or browsing by historical era. You can also visit my Delicious and Diigo sites to review my bookmarks. Here's hoping you find what you're looking for.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

How should I organize all this material?

Soon after I started using declicious to bookmark primary source sites, I knew I had a problem. How could I best organize these bookmarks to make them easy for students to navigate? I still haven't come up with a satisfactory answer. To the left, you'll see the tag cloud for my bookmarks. Below the cloud, you'll find a list of my bookmarks and links to my delcious site. I'm toying with the idea of organizing my bookmarks by time period. However, the students I work with focus on a wide array of topics and time periods, so I'm not sure organization by time period will work. Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment