As a college librarian, I often hear stressed-out students searching for primary sources say, "I'll take anything." Don't settle for just anything. There is a treasury of primary source material available electronically. Peruse my selection of 200-plus primary source sites by conducting a keyword search, exploring the tag cloud at left, or browsing by historical era. You can also visit my Delicious and Diigo sites to review my bookmarks. Here's hoping you find what you're looking for.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Images from Northern Ireland

On the eve of St. Patrick's day, I spent some time searching for some interesting sites related to Irish history. I came across the Claremont Colleges Digital Library's Murals of Northern Ireland site. This rich digital collection contains images of murals painted during The Troubles. The photos were snapped on both sides of the divide - in the Loyalist Shankill Road neighborhood and along the Republican Falls Road. These images of public political art provide insight into the sectarian messages imparted in Northern Ireland's neighborhoods during The Troubles.

No comments:

Post a Comment